T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I. currently trying out the Corel X5 trial version, I am trying to create a simple triangle. I have went to basic shapes and not have had any luck. Any ideas on how to draw a triangle with this version?
Thanks
Ric.

·
Registered
582 Posts
1. Select polygon tool
2. Change number of sides to "3"
3. Draw triangle.

Reactions: charles95405

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank You
One thing I did find out is Roland Cut Studio has probably the best set up for making & manipulating triangles out there. That was my original need, just thought the high end graphics program would be the way to go, not so. I might just go back to X3 and save the cash.
Thanks-----Ric

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey thanks for the tip, I'm not really sure if I understand. You hold down the control key to make it symmetrical when drawing it, which tool are you using to draw with? The polygon tool?
Thank you
Ric

·
Registered
582 Posts
Hey thanks for the tip, I'm not really sure if I understand. You hold down the control key to make it symmetrical when drawing it, which tool are you using to draw with? The polygon tool?
Thank you
Ric
Polygon tool and CTRL will contrain aspect ratio.
Use it with ellipse tool to draw circles, rectangle tool to draw squares etc.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
To modify a triangle you drew with the polygon tool, convert it to curves, delete the center path nodes and then drag the corner nodes as you please.

(By the way, I don't think X6 is any better for drawing triangles than any earlier version. The basic tools haven't changed a whole lot.)

Attachments

·
Registered
621 Posts
I. currently trying out the Corel X5 trial version,
Were on earth can one even find an X5 trial version? Could you even buy it at the end of the trial? I don't think you could buy it from Corel. Buying it from another person would be the only option. You run a high rip off risk I would imagine. You probably would need an XP machine to make sure it is going to work.

X7 is the current release. It would be the safest to try as for getting it legitimately. It would be the safest to get to run on Windows 7 or 8.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts