T-Shirt Forums banner

Corel X3 and Roland GX-24 Cutter?

23K views 41 replies 19 participants last post by  umeshinamdar 
OK - I am a newbie at this so take care of me please. I don't want to print only cut at the moment. I have just got a new Vista PC and also bought CDX3 to use with my CutStudio - however it does not appear in CorelDraw - there was no GMS folder beneath Draw so I created a new one called that and copied the files in. When going into Macros in Customization however there are no options to select? Anyone help me on this one?
I am using windows xp and cannot find the plug in within the macros, and I have the same setup? Can mzmadmax help here?

I bought my gx-24 about 7 months ago and it had the plug in. Many times I export to a jpg from corel and then import to cut studio for vinyl on tees and jerseys. This gives better cut lines on cursive script. If you use the plug in, it cuts into the next letter instead of making it one piece, or spend more time editing in cut studio. When you try it, youll see the difference. Sometimes it doesn't matter, sometimes it does.

Pan

This is not really a plug-in or CutStudio issue. This happens because you are sending the text over to CutStudio as text and not as curves. If you want to know what the cutter will cut beforehand, on the Corel X3 menu, go to View | Wireframe. If you see the lines overlapping, that is how it will cut.

To avoid the problem that you have described, do the following quick steps before sending the text to CutStudio (or other software or directly to the cutter):

1. Select the text

2. On the menu, select Arrange | Shaping | Weld
(This will convert artistic text to an object and combine the intersecting objects into a single curve object with a single outline.)

Now you can use the plug-in to send it to CutStudio and cut as usual.

This text conversion will probably take you all of 10 seconds to do; even less if you use the short-cut keys. :)

Hope this helps.[/quot

Thanks for the tip!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.