T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a design of 126 separate objects that I painstakingly put in order from left to right at bottom all the way to the top. I put them in order so that they start cutting and go back and forth from bottom to top.
BUT... when I send it to the cutter, it starts in a totally different area towards the top and cuts a different section at a time.

Any help here? Or should I get a different program to run my cutter?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yes, it might be a good idea to use a different program to run the cutter if you want it to cut in order. I believe you will not be able to control the order with either Cutstudio or Corel Draw.

There are programs that will allow you to control the cut order a bit better and can also allow you to preview the cut order before sending.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The only program I can think of on the top of my head is the SmartCutPro 2 program. You can reorder the cuts so it's from left to right or top to bottom, etc instead of allowing the cutting to cut all over the place. You can also preview how the cutter will cut as well. This will save time but the cost of the program is a bit high. The program is normally used for rhinestone stencils because of all the small little holes it has to cut.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hi,

Have you checked the stacking order with the object manager? Open the Tools->Object Manager and then open the layer that has your shapes / objects. Click on the first shape in the list then use the down arrow to show the stacking order. Each shape will be selected as you go to it. If the shapes are not in the order you want then that's your problem. I can't imagine that the cutter driver is interfering with this. I will have a tool for CorelDRAW to help with this shortly.

-James Leonard

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I have done that.

It took forever and a day to go through each item and move them in order.

So, I don't know why it won't cut that way.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
You need to purchase more expensive software that allows you to control the cut order. Cut Studio does not do this.

I am not sure, but I beleive Flexi allows this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a design of 126 separate objects that I painstakingly put in order from left to right at bottom all the way to the top. I put them in order so that they start cutting and go back and forth from bottom to top.
BUT... when I send it to the cutter, it starts in a totally different area towards the top and cuts a different section at a time.

Any help here? Or should I get a different program to run my cutter?

Thanks!!
I found when cutting banners and long designs if my design comes from Corel when I use the Cut Studio plugin in Cut Studio I select the design then go to object and convert to a polyline then break polyline after that its in a million pieces but Cut Studio will then start at the bottom left and right and work its way down the vinyl reducing the movement and coming out from under the rollers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found when cutting banners and long designs if my design comes from Corel when I use the Cut Studio plugin in Cut Studio I select the design then go to object and convert to a polyline then break polyline after that its in a million pieces but Cut Studio will then start at the bottom left and right and work its way down the vinyl reducing the movement and coming out from under the rollers.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but the order Cut Studio or VesaWorks cuts in Corel is from the bottom to the top in the object manager. I'll set up my page and starting with the object you want to cut last, go to the object menu then order and send to back of layer (Shift + Page down is quicker) Then just keep selecting objects 1 by 1 and send each to the back. The last one you do will end up at the bottom pushing each one before it up the list and will be the first to cut. I do this on my SP300/Versaworks all the time to minimize running a long sheet back and forth through the machine and potentially throwing off the alignment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts