T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two Corel Draw questions:

Here's what I want to do...I've made this vector w/four layers. Now that I'm done, I don't like the shape so much :eek:. I would like to to edit the shape across all layers so I don't have to recreate each subsequent layer. (Hope this makes sense.)

Now, in my dream world, I'd love to be able to mirror my node changes so each side is symmetrical. When I make a change to the left, is there a way to duplicate the change on the right side? If this isn't possible, what's the best method for making identical changes to both sides? (FWIW, I originally made the one side of the shield, duplicated it, mirrored it and combined the two.)

I also have Illustrator if it matters but would prefer to learn to do this in Corel.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
It is so fast this way I do not know why you would want to edit each shape.

The symmetry problem: Bezier Tool, Back Minus Front, Duplicate, Mirror, Weld
Just get oneside of the outside shape right. Then trim it in half, duplicate & mirror to the other side and weld back together.

Inner shapes: Contour Tool
Use contour tool to create the inner shapes. Do one, break it apart, do the next one, break it apart, then do the last one.

Stripes & Such: Polygon Tool, Duplicate, Weld (for the red stripes) , Intersect Tool
Use the innermost sheild and with rectangles and the intersect tool to create the stripes and the blue field. Use star polygon to add them. Whole thing took seven minutes.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
One layer at a time, select the two sides, weld. Do this with each layer. With all layers active, select all, any changes made will apply to all layers. God Bless.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts