T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I hope your 4th of July was a great one.

Someone e-mailed me their logo in a vector file and when I saved it and sent it to my coral draw program and opened it up only a tiny portion of it can be seen.

It is like looking at the top of a chimney on top of a roof and trying to pull the house up but the rest refuses to emerge it moves from left to right, right to left but when I try to move it up and down it will not come up. I saw the picture before i saved it and it was complete so I do not know what happens when I try to open it in the coral draw program. Please someone help, I am going crazy.

·
Registered
382 Posts
You may want to try "file - import" to see how that works. If thats the first way you did it, try "file - open." Corel is tricky sometimes depending on the format of the file.

Do you happen to know what program it was created in and what version?

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Someone e-mailed me their logo in a vector file and when I saved it and sent it to my coral draw program and opened it up only a tiny portion of it can be seen.
This doents make sense. Someone emailed you a logo and you saved it? then sent it to your corel program. How did all this happen?

Need to know everything to help with your problem as Jason mentioned.

What program was it created in?
What version is the prog.?
What file type is the file?

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Someone emailed you a logo and you saved it?
I'm guessing that once the email had the file attachment, they saved it from the email to their computer's hard drive. Then tried to use file > open in CorelDraw. But that's just a guess though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have noticed that every once in a while the attachment encoding messes things up on graphics files, rare but I have had it happen, especially with eps files. My recomendation is to use a rar/zip compression program and send the files compressed, I have always had better luck with that.

I know not alot of clients may know and/or have the ability to compress the file, but it does work better.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello All,

Thank you for your help. I do not know what I did but I was able to fully open the program by sending to the clipboard and then opening from that. Please do not ask me to explain I would not be able to. I just kept hitting buttons and hit the jackpot.

Ana

1 - 8 of 8 Posts