T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

It's been a long time, and I hope to get back to these forums more often pretty soon. Anyway, I did a search of the forums, and didn't find this mentioned anywhere yet so here goes..

I've just downloaded and tried out this new effect for CorelDraw X3. It gives your image the look of embroidery, and it actually looks pretty good, so I thought I'd share the information with you guys. It's on the Corel site at the link below and it's free.

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Corel3/Products/Display&pid=1145299085483&cid=1145399554785

I played around with it for a while and liked the results I got with the settings at DPI 500 and the Fabric Type on Heavy, but you can play around with it and get different results. So now you can add an embroidered look to your screen printed or ink jet artwork very easily.

If you try it, let us know what you think about it.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
thanks for the resource Bill.

I'm not sure one can get an Emb. look of a 3D element/raised texture alone from the artwork without the proper inks.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Lucy,

With Screen Printing, many raised ink effects could get interesting results I would think, and with ink jet transfers, you could experiment with the look and mix it in with different parts of a design, or use it for a whole design. It would not be raised like embroidery, but could provide a pretty cool look anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone know if the effect is available for X4? I have searched the corel site and have been unable to find anything......

Thanks

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for that link Ken.
I did a little looking around the Corel website and found out that they took the link down for the embroidery effect program, and they do not plan on doing anything for X4. A quote from their forums......

"Hello Jeremie,
we have stopped the distribution of the Embroidery Effect for X3 and Corel has no plans to distribute a version that will be tested with X4. The version for X3 might or might not work with X4... we haven't tested it.
Gérard "

However, I emailed the people at DrawStitch to see if they are going to update the plug in for X4. I'll wait for their reply.

Someone did mention that the X3 version will work in X4, but I have not tried it yet since I still have X3 loaded also.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have not tried it with X4 either.

One reason is that I am still using X3. I have Decostudio, which when I purchased it, it includes a free update to X4 and the new Decostudio.

I have Drawings also.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is the latest information that I received from Drawstitch...

Dear Bill,

Thank you for your e-mail and your interest in our products.
Embroidery effect software does not work as a plug-in for X4, it works normally as a separate software. That means that you can see the Vector you wish in CMX format and then import it into Embroidery Effect and convert it into bitmap.

Best regards,

Jim
DRAWstitch Ltd.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts