T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone received an email from someone claiming you used their image and they want you to click on their link to see what it is? This looks kinda fishy to me.

Hi, This is Melea and I am a qualified illustrator. I was confused, putting it lightly, when I recognised my images at your web-site. If you use a copyrighted image without an owner's consent, you must be aware that you could be sued by the creator. It's illegal to use stolen images and it's so mean! Here is this document with the links to my images you used at (my site removed) and my earlier publications to obtain the evidence of my ownership. Download it now and check this out for yourself: (I removed the link that was posted so no one here would click on it) If you don't delete the images mentioned in the file above during the next couple of days, I'll file a to your hosting provider letting them know that my copyrights have been severely infringed and I am trying to protect my intellectual property. And if it is not enough, trust me I am going to take legal action against you! And I won't give you a prior notice again.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Yes, I would be suspicious of that as well. There is no reason to have a link to a file to download ... other than to infect your computer with ransomware. The English also somewhat off. And the threat that you must act (use the link) and this is your last chance or they will get your site taken down ... high pressure to overcome your sensible resistance to clicking on the link.

Ah, actually, if you search for this "This is Melea and I am a qualified illustrator." online, you'll find lots of reports of the same thing.

·
Registered
9,361 Posts
Ignore them. If it is real you will receive a C/D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts