T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay im almost done with a clothing line, and something just crossed my mind. I KNOW we are not lawyers here, and the best advice is from a lawyer, but was seeking some of the knowledge and info from the Pro's on this forum, that have been in this buisness longer than i have, and more familiar with copyright and trademark's. :D

Okay,
So my question is....Well let's say there's a clothing line called (L.A aces Only) and i have a clothing line called (310 aces) will i be in some kind of legal battle with this company, i mean there using (LA), and im using the area code (310) What do you guy's think? :D

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
I think, ask a lawyer.

I'm not just being glib: I think you're in a grey area here where we're really not qualified to answer.

My gut instinct is that area code and place name are sufficiently linked to cause you problems. I find it plausible that they could be found "confusingly similar". On the other hand, that's far from certain. It could go either way.

So... yes, I'd tread carefully. If the brand means a lot to you, or is about to become a significant financial investment, then it would be worth paying for some legal advice.

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
If you have a competitive line to L.A. Aces chances are you will probably get a cease and desist from them eventually and then you will have to have the attorneys battle it out.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate you guy's answering this for me, i just didn't know for sure what to do, since i started the (310) line first... than the (LA) person copied me, he used to be a close friend of mine and new what i was doing, that's when he decided to start his own clothing line with the (LA) But it look's like i'll be paying a lawyer for some advice, since im about to go live with it November 4.

Another question what are these lawyers called copyright lawyers or what? Also does anybody know of a good one in the Los Angeles county area. Thank's

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Yea I would ask an attorney also, but living in the 310 are code myself, I have to say that the zip for Los angeles is either 213 or 323. 310 is actually the south bay :) That may make a difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.