T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from Japan,

I have been following this forum for the past few weeks, and tons of information i got from here really helps to build my longtime passion of having a T-shirt business.

First of all, i want to thank all of the member of the forum of being so helpful, open and generous about their experience and knowledge. I have learnt some much in a month!

Well, i am still at the very early phase...just decided that i wanted to try to buy a heat press from China. Considering the shipping and the cheaper price of their heat press, and they have been selling to australia and europe, i might give them a try...
i know most of you guys recommend hix, but have any of you bought heat presses from China?

And maybe someone in the forum made this question, but do you need to registrate to open a small online business?

How bout copyright for fonts and proverbs?

And do you guys know any good t-shirt supplier based in Asia?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
This is largely a regional affair. What applies to me in the states as far as copyright and business registration go won't be quite the same for you. You should probably start by checking with a government agency (or perhaps even other local businesses) about what kind of requirements and laws there are for opening a new business. Same goes for copyrights; you should probably be fine with proverbs, but you might want to check with a lawyer to give you some more specific information.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After doing some research, on international copyright and domestic ones here in japan, i found that in the end, it comes to the font author. Usually when you download a free font, a text message comes with it. And i found that postcardware fonts are usually free, and all you need to do is send the author a postcard... Correct me if im wrong...
What is your situation in the US, what kind of font do you use, do you buy them, create them or use the conventional ones?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jdr8271 said:
The fonts on free websites like www.coolarchive.com and simplythebest.net are royalty free.
jdr8271,
seen the simplythebest.net, and its true that all the fonts there are free. But the definition of freeware is that you can use it freely for personal use, but you have to get their permission or pay a small fee to use it commercially. Since we are all here in the t-shirt business, doesnt it fall to the commercial category...? Getting a bit confused here. Help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts