T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi...I love Ny is trademarked, meaning I cannot use this phrase in any way....I love New Jersey is not trademarked, therefore i can use a similar design ( not the exact design) to make my "I love New Jersey" I can make I love my aunt, grandma or any place or person else I wish, using my own font, and my own display.The words " I love" or "i heart shaped symbol" are not trademarked as such and therefore as a copy write idea are subject to anyone changing the font, and graphic heart. However this being said, if the state of New York wants to try and stop somebody from using "I love New Jersey they could spend enough money to protect themselves that you a small guy or gal cannot afford the fight....so my best advice is, if you can't afford to fight a possible lawsuit, and can't possibly make enough profit on a design to do so...then you must the validity of selling the design in the first place.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.