T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If someone was to print shirts with a customer's custom image, and that image happens to be a copyrighten logo of some sort, is that okay?

I mean, If all we provide and charge for is the service of printing the image of the customer's choosing, considering that they provide the image themselves be it by upload or another means.

For example, I advertise T-shirts with a "your custom image here" on it, and a customer wants, say, the Ghostbusters logo. Would I be obliged to deny them, or can I provide the mere service of producing the shirt to the customer's specs without legal worries? Of course I'd disclaim any association with the image, and specify that the charge is only for the printing service. I'm not sure the legalities.

Please pardon my ignorance of the subject I'm brand new to this.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Okay we always turn away customer who want copy written images, just to avoid any legal troubles. If an image is Trademarked such as UPS and you embroider this for an employee of UPS for their work shirts is that illegal?

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
If an image is Trademarked such as UPS and you embroider this for an employee of UPS for their work shirts is that illegal?
The employee is not the trademark owner, so no dice. You'd want written permission to cover yourself.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I agree, Getting written permission from the copywrite or trademark holder is the only way to print it legally.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts