T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently made this design for Mike Woodworth, a MMA fighter in CA with a clothing line. He was nice enough to send me a shirt and I thought it turned out awesome on the acid wash shirt with red foil! Love it when I get shirts, especially when it's my art on them! Just thought that TSF would be the place where others would be as excited to see print results as I am, lol.

Attachments

· Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is that actual shiny ink then? I have always wondered how to get that shiny look
I remember reading a thread on here about a type of screen print ink that turns "foil" once it's cured? I'm pretty sure that's what this shirt has.

Rodney, can you help me out with the link to that thread?

· Registered
634 Posts
Foil is a secondary process. They probably screened discharge ink for the "normal" printing, than printed plastisol ink down. They then lay foil over the print and hit it with the heat press. The foil will stick to the plastisol, and not stick to the discharge ink or the bare shirt.

Awesome design by the way!
-Nick

· Registered
105 Posts
Great design. Its also nice to see that you don't just draw 1 half of a piece and copy/paste it on the other half. It makes it look a ton better to not have that repetitive texture.

Very very nice design.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.