T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
I would like to make an original cookie monster sweatshirt, this would be my first printing project. I've decided to print it on a navy AA flex fleece zip hoodie. But before i can print i need to make sure to have the right size of image and cutting out parts so that it won't look messed up.

this is the image i've found:

Cookie monsta image by ryan587 on Photobucket

I need someone's help to cut out the eyes and mouth in photoshop.

I want the result to be as large as on this zip hoodie because that where i'm basing myself on.

any advice is welcome!

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you. :D

i don't have any graphics program so that why i came to this forum for help and advice.
Is my idea possible in the first place? I also need to find a company that prints quite pro.

I've read some threads on this forum , in which they were discussing if it's possible to print over a zipper.

· Registered
332 Posts
....If you are trying to print a shirt that you can buy at a store, you may get into trouble. Most store based things are going to be copyright or trademarked stuff. To print the shirt is too take on risk of getting sued.

· Premium Member
51,818 Posts
Is my idea possible in the first place? I also need to find a company that prints quite pro
Because of copyright and trademark laws, printers cannot print someone else's design or designs of trademarked characters.

i don't have any graphics program so that why i came to this forum for help and advice.
We're here to help people learn how to use their graphics programs, we're not really setup as a place to do the work for you or to take other company's designs and reproduce them illegally.

I would suggest just buying the sweatshirt from the store or online.

· Registered
103 Posts
Thank you Rodney.

It is a neat project, but you need to buy the rights to use Sesame Street characters before you could even think about doing this project.

Also, you have no graphics program, or knowledge of printing or graphics in general and you want to print over the zipper, and it looks like print all over on the inside. You are going way too far on your first print project. Its great you have ambition, but you are talking about doing things that very few printing companies can do and that is with years of experience and employees. Just stick to drawing up something you find interesting and getting it on a plain white shirt before you jump up to the pros.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
actually the image i want is the logo from a dubstep artist called cookie monsta. And I don't have any thought for replicating this massively. It's just for myself to be wearing on his shows, maybe i should ask permisson of him?

· Premium Member
51,818 Posts
actually the image i want is the logo from a dubstep artist called cookie monsta. And I don't have any thought for replicating this massively. It's just for myself to be wearing on his shows, maybe i should ask permisson of him?
The image still uses a trademarked character from Sesame street, so there wouldn't be any printer that could print it for you without permission from Sesame Street. They have their own licensing deals in place, so I'm not sure if you'd be able to get permission from them.

It doesn't matter if it's 1 or 10,000+ the laws are still the same.

· Registered
103 Posts
OK, so you just want 1? Why buy the 10 hoodies that you are going to ruin, the ink, the press, the exposure unit, the screens, the film, the printer, the design programs, the dryer, if you only want 1.

Heck, the number of blanks you are going to butcher will easily cost more than if you just bought it straight up. Not to mention the copyright fees if you are caught. Plus yours will not end up looking as good as they have an all over print on the inside and they print over the zipper... all things that talented printers can't do.

I dig it if its just a little project, but you have already stated that you are unfamiliar with the whole process and this is a tricky print if you want to recreate it faithfully. If you just want to have a custom one, then just buy one and print on the back of it when you get it (just buy a few shirts and test the print before you do it on the hoodie)

· Registered
538 Posts
If you are trying to create something yourself, why not do your own original art, base a childrens program around it, syndicate it worldwide & then when you wear your shirt everybody will know what it is and love it, and you know that you did it all yourself, not just took somebody elses work and ripped it off.

* If that sounds like too much work , then just get the Cookie Monster hoodie at a store

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.