T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Can anyone tell me what I should pay for a used Harco conveyor dryer? Not sure how old the unit is, the owner says the belt is new and the elements were changed a couple of years ago. It is the smaller model that can work on 110 volts. It's about 6 hours away from me and I want to make sure I can secure an offer with him before travelling all that way. Thanks for any input!

· Registered
8,278 Posts
Without knowing the width and length, number of heaters and what controls it has. It could be worth very little if it a old dryer.

· Registered
270 Posts
I bought an old 10 ft Harco about 3 months ago for $600. That thing is a workhorse. Best purchase for the money outside of the Douthitt exposure unit I picked up for $200 last year. If it is a small one that is a 110, I honestly wouldn't pay more than $2-300. But if you need a dryer right now, then it is worth whatever you are willing to pay I guess.

· Registered
27 Posts
Google the model number, look on ebay and craigslist for similar models, and try to get a feel for what a fair price is. Also keep in mind location since shipping them may not be an option. A $1000 dryer 50 miles away is a better deal than a $600 dryer 1000 miles away.

· Registered
2,941 Posts
I offered the guy $1000 for it and he refused the offer. I calculated that it is 6 hours away so about $300 for fuel and lunch and such. Vastex has just the unit I need for $1400 so that drops the value if the used on right down to not much.
Is the Vastex model the D-100 ?
I just got one of those to replace my Logos conveyor that died and am really impressed with my Vastex.
Ok, I'll also add that I'd stay away from Logos, because at least for me, they blew me off as far as replacement parts. Flat out told me they wouldn't help. Hmm, what does that say about a company?
Vastex, on the other hand, was very helpful with some setup questions that I had.

· Registered
13 Posts
The D-100 has an 18 inch wide belt and no ability to extend the belt length wise. The D-1000 has a 26 inch wide belt and an extension option. With a 26 inch wide belt sometimes the sleeves on the shirt still get caught on the walls of the dryer chamber and have to be folded. That fold would be more extreme on an 18 inch wide belt. Something you want to consider before you get the d-100 home and have to deal w/ it. Great dryers though.

-Don

Sent from my iPhone using TShirtForums app

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.