T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I launched my co at the beggining of march, started marketting and I got about 1400 unique visitors in the past 2 months. The problem is that my online sales are pretty much non-existant. I know people like the designs and price( $15 for a shirt printed on AA). Most people who see them say they love them and that the shirts will sell out, but for some reason people just aren't buying. I really don't get it, shipping is cheap(4.75 US, 5.75 for one internationally). Is this typical since the company is so new or does there have to be a problem?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hello, I just clicked on your website. The most glaring omission answering who, what, when, where, why and how. My background is marketing communications and I do not see a "call for action" in this case buy me because.... Just my initial very quick impression. Otherwise, nice designs and certainly nice pricing.
By the way, I'm not one to get picky about layout navigation, etc. unless a website is really tough to get through. For example, really small font, flash freezes my browser, fuzzy dark pictures, etc.

Susan :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
suzieh said:
Hello, I just clicked on your website. The most glaring omission answering who, what, when, where, why and how. My background is marketing communications and I do not see a "call for action" in this case buy me because.... Just my initial very quick impression. Otherwise, nice designs and certainly nice pricing.
By the way, I'm not one to get picky about layout navigation, etc. unless a website is really tough to get through. For example, really small font, flash freezes my browser, fuzzy dark pictures, etc.

Susan :)
Sorry, I meant on the opening page/first page some description/overview/summary ...something to get me excited. A knockout headline and subheadline. I see you have information in other areas.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks. The site shouldn't be a problem since I'm first a web developer then a designer. i guess some things just take time. i'll keep marketing and introducing new features and hopefully online sales will pick up.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i agree....there's not much there to catch my attention when i get to the page. if anything, i get there and then say...ok, i have no idea what's going on here...are they selling something?...and then i leave. I know it sounds simple, but visitors need to know that you're selling t shirts.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Yeah I'd have to agree with the above posters. I wasn't sure where to go, are there just the two t-shirts available? That could be part of the problem, not enough variety.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I donno how much clearer i can get. On the main page in the top right there's the slogan " Join the Cult. Wear the Tees" and the huge image saying "Transcend design now in stock, printed on AA shirts" Any idea on what I should put up there to make it clearer?

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Me, and that's just me.. but I am not signing up for nothing. Why should I give you all that info.. Is this a tee shirt club? Get to the store.. I want to see the product. If I buy a shirt then you get my info.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the signing up part is only if you want to be part of the community. You probably clicked on the Join link in my sig? If you go to the site www.gohedonist.com , I don't ask for any info or have a link to the register page unless you go to Community, in which case you want to join the site. On the main page you can go straight to the store, look at the shirts and buy if you like.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I think a good thing to add would be photos of people wearing the shirts. It looks like you took a picture of yourself wearing the shirt rather than trying to setup some good shots. Places like www.amorphia-apparel.com have some cool photos and nerdyshirts.com also has good use of photography. It really helps grab the viewer. I don't think they need to be on every page, but the main page people see would be good.

·
2,957 Posts
I think that's been part of the problem. You didn't give a link to THIS page.

I went to the other pages that you linked to, and wondered the same thing everybody else has been wondering.

This is much better. On this page, we can see that there is a shirt for sale for $15. Even the "tees" link was kind of unclear.

I think it would have been better if you had linked to this page from the beginning.;)

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I also think that the focus on your site is a little mixed. If you want to have a site that focuses on generating sales, then having a message board and all the extraneous stuff might not be the way to go. Especially just starting out...there's not much "community" there.

I would say focus your site on t-shirt sales first, and then once you have a few customers, you can try to create a community amongst them. Otherwise you are going to dilute viewers and keep them as viewers.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah well the reason I have all the community stuff is because a site with two designs won't really attract that many viewers. I figure if I start building a core community, even if really small at first. Communities, even small, help with SEO, and all the features offer capabilities to rival those of sites like threadless.

I guess I'm hoping that if I keep working on it and marketting, start sending some free samples to people like teees.com and preshrunk, maybe the work will pay off and it will begin to grow and It will atleast become self sufficient, if not profitable.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Why not add a "BUY ME" button or icon they click on. When they click on it they are taken to the page with the "larger image" an have the ability to select size, color, etc.

Nothing on your main page shows it's for sale.

Some people don't pay attention to the buttons above that you have BUY, COMMUNITY, etc. so a button, a fancy balloon type button with the word "buy" in it or something like that.

·
Registered
282 Posts
statc said:
I donno how much clearer i can get. On the main page in the top right there's the slogan " Join the Cult. Wear the Tees" and the huge image saying "Transcend design now in stock, printed on AA shirts" Any idea on what I should put up there to make it clearer?
Hi, I just clicked in again. I see "dead space" to the right of your t-shirt pictures and suggest putting in big font "Join the Cult, Wear OUR Tees"

Then go on with a couple of lines..."gohedonist.com is please to introduce 2 very special designs for the pleasure lover in all of us" yada, yada we offer fashionable American Apparel t-shirts (yes, spell out AA), custom silk screened, FOCUS on features and benefits (low shipping)

Sorry, the copywriter in me can't resist. I mean your website name is very catchy, to say the least (grin).

By the way, if you do a Google Search for "copywriting tips" you will get lots of hits. There's quite a few for website copywriting too. Writing to get someone excited to buy is not the same as writing a presentation, term paper, speech, etc. That's my opinion.

And, super great you can build your own website!

·
Registered
282 Posts
statc said:
Yeah well the reason I have all the community stuff is because a site with two designs won't really attract that many viewers. I figure if I start building a core community, even if really small at first. Communities, even small, help with SEO, and all the features offer capabilities to rival those of sites like threadless.

I guess I'm hoping that if I keep working on it and marketting, start sending some free samples to people like teees.com and preshrunk, maybe the work will pay off and it will begin to grow and It will atleast become self sufficient, if not profitable.
Think outside the box and consider smaller specialized retail/gift stores that your shirts might fit into. Your brand suggests pleasure/mature so that's all I'll post as youth may be reading. And if I mistook what your t-shirt brand means, I'm sorry in advance. I only had a moment to read the first lines of your information area. Regards, Susan

·
Registered
282 Posts
badalou said:
Me, and that's just me.. but I am not signing up for nothing. Why should I give you all that info.. Is this a tee shirt club? Get to the store.. I want to see the product. If I buy a shirt then you get my info.
I just wanted to let you know that many of the OS commerce web templates I checked out require you to log in to get shipping information. It's a bone I'm picking with my business partner as we're building several websites right now.
I don't know about gohedonist's website, but just wanted to share "why" some websites in general may have a sign in/log in feature. I'm sure gathering an email list and tracking viewers buying habits is another reason.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks or the tips Susan. I'll deff do the stuff on the right on the product page. I guess I need to think more like a salesman. I chose the name so it's for every type of pleasure. One of my other slogans is " Live the Life. Share the experience" (which is where the community thing comes in).

I think I might also start offering wholesale capabilities soon. Since I can't print more than 2 designs at a time currently, maybe if I offer boutiques the opportunity to have me print a large quantity of a design exclusivly for them, and not make it available online or to other boutiques. Any idea on how I would go about approaching small shops/boutiques with a proposition like that?

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
statc said:
The problem is that my online sales are pretty much non-existant.
Couple of other potential problems:
-Size range is incomplete; I know budget means this must be so but it may at least explain why you're losing some of those sales.
-If there's a way to expand the design images so you can actually see the design I didn't find it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey guys I've been applying your suggestions and have went out and took photos of people wearing my shirts and will soon integrate them in the site. Would a good place to put rotating images be in the top bar or is it fine to just have them on the main page and the user submitted images on each product page?

Also I was wondering if someone could go and check the checkout process at my site? I use dynamic images to present the items in the cart and I donno if this new way appeals to viewers or if it just scares them.

I tried checking abandoment points in Google Analytics, but apparently there are no stats on anything HTTPS which the whole checkout system.

Thanks for any advice guys. I really appreciate it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts