if your sketch is on paper...
1) scan it and open it in photoshop.
2) convert scanned image to bitmap.
3) save it.
4) open saved bitmap in illustrator
6) select image and hit LIVE TRACE
7) then hit EXPAND...
You can forego Photoshop altogether and just use Illustrator:
1) Scan your sketch.
2) Open it in Illustrator and EMBED the image.
3) Hit LIVE TRACE and play around with the settings.
4) Once you're satisfied with the trace, hit EXPAND. This will "vectorize" your artwork.
A forum community dedicated to T-shirt merchants, professionals and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about graphics, commerce, dyes, prints, collections, guides, displays, styles, scales, equipment, accessories, reviews, classifieds, and more!