T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am switching from pigment based ink to dye ink. I am only printing films. My question is do I need to clean the old pigment ink out of the system prior to using the new refillable dye ink cartridges?

Could I just put the new cartridge in and just start printing again. I am only changing the 2 black cartridges to dye and just leaving in the other color cartridges that contain pigment.

I have the ability in my rip software to control which black cartridge I print from. I know that it also uses a little ink from all the cartridges. Will this be a big mess since the printer will have both dye and pigment in the lines?

The reason I am switching from pigment (g&g) ink to dye is a combination of cost and ability to use refillable cartridges.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
You should be fine.
I switched all of my Epson cartridges to dye cartridges. (bought em on ebay and got dye ink with the deal) I buy my film ink from oversizedfilm.com and fill it in my refillable cartridge.
I put the colored dye in their appropriate cartridges...I too only use that printer for film so I don't care about the other colors...works great!
The dye ink doesn't clog either !!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I started thinking about it some more yesterday. I found some cleaning cartridges so I am going to clean everything out prior to making the change to dye ink. I found an article yesterday that said it is better to use a cleaning solution prior to switching between pigment and dye inks.

Thanks again for the replys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts