T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a vector image created in Illustrator CS5 with CMYK colors. I need to convert it to .cdr format for Corel Draw with color separation for screen printing. The thing is I don't have Corel Draw... is there any way I can do this or if anybody can help me to convert from .ai to .cdr then separate colors? I need this as soon as possible, please help!!!

· Registered
605 Posts
I have a vector image created in Illustrator CS5 with CMYK colors. I need to convert it to .cdr format for Corel Draw with color separation for screen printing. The thing is I don't have Corel Draw... is there any way I can do this or if anybody can help me to convert from .ai to .cdr then separate colors? I need this as soon as possible, please help!!!
There are a couple of ways to do this.
1. Export or save as a pdf, make sure all objects and text are converted to curves (or whatever the Adobe equivalent is).
This also depends on which version of Corel will be opening the file.
2. Save as an earlier version of ai. making sure that compression is unchecked in the save options.
For example, if the version of corel you will be opening it in is say X4 then save as a CS3 ai file.

3. Export as an eps file.

Any one of these should work for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.