T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please give me a good idea what to expect for conversion ratios for an online t-shirt site (i.e. - hits per sale?)

If you are running a t-shirt site can you enlighten me with how many hits it takes for you to get a sale? Or at least an average or something? How many hits are you guys getting a day - and how many sales do you see a week?

I would love to get a read on some of these figures - please advise.

Thanks!

Mike
www.tshirthub.com

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
I think a "decent" ratio would be 1 sale per 100 visitors. If you are getting less than that, you may need to look into what needs fixing (t-shirt design, web design, t-shirt descriptions, product pictures, ideas, etc).

I've seen stores convert much better than that. With the tshirthell affiliate program, I've seen conversion ratios of 1 sale per 15 visitors I send them.

So there will be variations, but at the minimum you should be getting 1 per 100. 1 per 50 is good. Above that is even better :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Any figure would be either speculation or subjective experience. We average around 300 hits a day currently. Some weeks we sell fewer than 10 shirts. Other weeks we move over 50.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
I think it also depends on where the traffic is coming from.

If you are getting targeted traffic from people looking to buy t-shirts, your conversion should be higher. If you're getting traffic from random sources or weird link exchanges, then the conversion rate won't be as high.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Depends on where you're marketing too I think. I advertised on a website geared predominately towards men, got over 5,000 hits a day and maybe sold 3 shirts. Price has a lot to do with it too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
You are going to get 1 to 2 percent sales if you are lucky. It doesn't matter how much traffic you get, if your t-shirts are getting seen by people the right people then expect that much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts