T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

A family member has generously offered to act as my stitch house until it is feasible to purchase my own machine. She has a Baby Lock Endurance II which has a max speed of 1000 spm. Based on my calculations, and Joyce Jagger's formula, I determined a rate per item at 500 spm and 1000 spm. I'm not so sure it's correct.

She's not in it for money, but I'd like to make sure I am adequately compensating her for time, materials, etc.

Could anyone provide some assistance?

· Registered
11 Posts
An embroidery machine is like a car. Your car may have a speedometer that goes to 160 mph but that does not mean that you drive it that fast. Your average speed more than likely will be around 500 stitches a minute. It may be slower for small writing and you may be able to bump it up for some designs. You also have bobbins, thread, backing, solve, etc that adds up. She is also running one at a time so production may be an issue. Also depending on how busy she is her work may take president over yours. Good luck!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.