T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be exhibiting my line of t-shirts at the Boston Gift Show in March. It's my first tradeshow so I'm pretty excited. I've been told I should have some sort of contract for retailers to sign when ordering my shirts. Could somebody please explain in detail what my contract should have included? A sample contract would also be great.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
.....I've been told I should have some sort of contract for retailers to sign when ordering my shirts.
well, first you need a company policy (terms & conditions of sale). Besides that, you need a purchase order or sales order form. The most common thing you see on such a form is a statement that ensures the person signing is responsible for payment in the event his/her company goes out of business and can not pay.

The signature on the form is the sales contract as setout in your company policy details.

No need to write up any other contract really, your company policy is the contract. When the client signs they agree to it etc...

In other words, first you need to write up a company policy for sales, guarantee, etc. etc.

:

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Does anyone happen to have a company policy example you wouldn't mind sharing? Thanks.
You can find the basic idea online at any major seller website.

for example, you may want to include:

1. You must be 16 years of age or older to purchase from us. :) (usually at trade shows they are but it does not hurt to include it in your policy).

etc. etc....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.