T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Having someone sign a contract is almost like saying "I'll do the work, and whether you like it or not, you're going to pay me."
I respectfully disagree. Contracts do not have to be that gruesome. They are quite pleasant actually, in my experience.

The main reason I make a contract is not for the guarantee of payment, and so the client has no way out, but mainly so ownership of the artwork after it is completed is in clear writing. It's for the client's protection mostly. I also include other things in the contract like guaranteeing the client that I will be there far after the logo work is completed if they need help with other things like print, etc. Or if they somehow lose their logo file because their computer crashed and they didn't have a backup, in the contract it would state that they have a lifetime guarantee from me. Things like that.

I'm sure you can do all those things on trust alone. But both parties can rest easy when there is a contract.

Also, I for one, never state that a client HAS to pay me, if they aren't satisfied. It all depends on what kind of contract you have. You can write one up however you like.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.