T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am in the process of starting a t-shirt business(very small). I have about 8 designs in which are roughly sketched out in Photoshop. Now, i would like to hire a graphic designer, recreate, add. clean them up for creation. How do I protect myself from giving someone a project and them not taking my idea and creating their own shirts or selling it some third party.

I noticed sample contracts for graphic designers; are there any contracts from a client perspective so the graphic artist does not steal the main idea?

I'm asking because I throught email confirmed an artist to recreate a design I already made and never heard back from him. Now he has an description of exactly what I'm looking for plus the sample image.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

SP

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
You can require that the artist sign a contract that says they can't use the design or a variation of the design for their own purposes.

You probably would want to talk to a lawyer about this.

Also, many screen printing shops will have an in house art department that can take your photoshop sketches and clean them up for you. Then you won't have to worry about an artist using the designs as the print shop is under contract to you to print your designs.

I would skip the designer and go straight to the screen printer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts