T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I design something for a cutter, say a three color racing logo, what do I need to be careful about?

People have mentioned reducing the nodes; making sure that script fonts are converted to curves, welded, cleaned up; not to use outlines (use contour instead); any color overlapping itself should be welded.

Guessing I need to set colors on individual layers for color seps so that I can send each color to the cutter separately.

What else? Is there a book or tutorial to help me adjust my thinking?

·
Registered
746 Posts
good morning rick! welcome to your new obsession :p anyway, you don't need to design in layers to cut vinyl by color - just be sure that all your like colors are grouped together so you don't lose small pieces. you always want to look at your design in wireframe mode before sending it to the cutter to be sure your lines are smooth - and zoom in! look really closely at the individual elements to be sure there aren't any lines you don't want cut. it's different from printing, more precise. take it slow, start kinda small (you don't want to experiment with say, a race car door!) and you'll be fine - any snags, let us know ;)

Reactions: wormil
1 - 2 of 2 Posts