T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When using a "dark transfer paper instead of an opaque, how do you prevent the color of the garment showing through the white in the design?? I hear that opaque paper will fix that but I also hear that it does't last as long as dark paper.:confused:

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
The dark transfer paper is opaque, they are the same thing. The transfers that show the color of the garment thru the design are designed for using on light color garments. The light color transfer papers dont work on dark garments as the ink color tends to blend into the garment.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dark transfer paper is opaque, they are the same thing. The transfers that show the color of the garment thru the design are designed for using on light color garments. The light color transfer papers dont work on dark garments as the ink color tends to blend into the garment.
The paper that I am referring to is JetWear Dark from T-shirtsupplies.com. It says that it is for darks but I recently did a design on a purple t-shirt and shades of the garment could be seen through the white part of the design. Help!!!

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Hmmm I am wondering if they sent you the wrong paper, as I know jetwear dark is definately an opaque paper. That is what I used to use. I would contact them and ask as it sounds like you are using a light color paper, not one for darks.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I have to agree there must be a mix up somewhere. I'm sure if you send them a email they will help clear it up for you. Good luck. ... JB

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Most use the ironall dark or I think the other one people are using is the alpha gold for darks. Hope this helps :) I believe though that the alpha gold is the also the jetwear for darks, although I could be wrong, but I think it is.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have read a lot of threads about Ironall for Darks and everyone seems to be very pleased with it. I was pricing it out and the least expensive I found was $49 for 25 sheets. Do you know of anyone that might have a better price than that??

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Hmm I am not sure on pricing on it as I dont use transfers anymore haha. It was a while ago when I was using them, as I now do dtg printing. I am sure someone will reply that knows more then me :) Have you tried tshirtsupplies.com ? I know they carry transfer paper, but I dont know what dark paper they carry. Just from reading the threads here, it seems people have gotten a pretty good price on papers from them. I would also compare Imprintables and coastal too. Although I am not sure what dark paper they carry, again I dont buy it anymore and I am simply passing info I have read in the threads :) Hope this helps some.

Reactions: Gueits
1 - 9 of 9 Posts