T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a great site, almost overwhelming amount of info.

Now, I'm really confused on which way to go. Inkjet or laser printer. I'll be doing business logos on darks and lights. Maybe only 10 or 20 shirts at a time. And to complicate things, my first order is for 100% polyester t's that are navy. I was set to buy my heat press and from what I've read the clamshell isn't the best for polyester. The swing away is better.

Please help.

· Registered
445 Posts
A clamshell and swing away should perform the same on Poly. The difference is where the heat is during the preparation of your transfer. The swing away press will get the heat out of your way and give you unrestricted access to the platen. It should have no impact on the transfer or substrate itself. As far as the Inkjet vs. Laser question, I recommend starting with the transfer paper that would match a printer that you may already have. If you have an Inkjet printer, start with Inkjet transfer paper.

· Registered
1,181 Posts
You have an order already and no way to print transfers or press them, let alone no clear choice on how you want to print??? How does this happen? I think I'll start a car dealership and start selling vehicles prior to making my mind up what make and models to inventory.

· Registered
1,181 Posts
I have an embroidery business and have customers wanting screenprinting.
OK, so what did you quote to your customer? Did you quote screen printed garments, heat transfers, DTG or maybe plastisol transfers? If you did quote a price, how did you come up with your pricing? I still fail to see how you can get an order without knowing the process by which you plan to print these items or your costs involved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.