T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a large order through my site that needs to be shipped to Vietnam. It came through as a regular authorize.net purchase, and seems legit. Has anyone had any problems with bogus credit card orders going to vietnam?

Any suggestions on how to verify this order prior to shipping?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I agree with jdr. Ask them to send you a money order (you could even say 'for our mutual safety' or something). Alternatively, you might try asking authorize.net if there is any way they can make sure that the order was made by the owner of the card and it wasn't stolen or such, but dunno how much luck you'd have there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I was able to find the guys phone number and confirm it was a bogus order. I refunded the money and gave the guy a heads up to check his statement/cancel his card.

Here is the shipping address they tried to use:

Nguyen Phu Vinh
14 Ho Bieu Chanh street, Phu Nhuan district
Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh

and yeah, I do get lots of international orders.. UK, Scandinavia, W Europe, Australia, Japan and some other legit orders to Vietnam even. (ones that I was able to confirm positively) I think my designs are more popular with the international crowd then most as they are so basic and do not use American cultural references.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Breakaway...you may not get a response as the original thread is over 3 yrs old and Martin's last post was over 2 years ago...but his website is still up...maybe he is just not coming to the forum anymore...

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
Yes, we get bogus orders from Vietnam. We always ask them to email both sides of their credit card, a photo id, and a copy of their monthly credit card statement showing their address. The statement usually stops them cold if they are fraudulent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts