T-Shirt Forums banner
201 - 220 of 248 Posts
Is there a link on how the new version is better than previous versions?

Also, there were some complaints about the earlier version of Reveal-S having an odor. Do you notice it? I did read that David Gross and his team may have figured it out as an issue of pressing the shirt for too long- which is not the fault of the product.

In your experience, do raster images (not photos) come out acceptable?

And finally, there was some buzz earlier about Vivid coming out with a product for dark shirts. Have you heard any news on it and if or when?

no issue with smell whatsoever. i think the key is lint roll, prepress to get out moisture, lint roll again, apply transfer for 18 seconds at the 385 and hot peel. i didn't have colors coming up/not sticking like i did in previous versions.

also i didn't require any additional settings like the ricoh guys will need.

The folks at Vivid Chemical are hard at work to develop the dark solution. I spoke with them recently and they indicated that it was going well and the product would be easy to use. They will be in our booth at SGIA and in the DAP zone. So feel free to stop by and speak with them. Also see the Reveal-S in action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I'd like to try the reveal-S sometime. I'll have to get with Robbie and see if he can send me a sample pack.

The dark version, however, would change the game for me. Bigtime. I'm not a big fan of the hand the jet opaque has.
Yes, the dark version would be the Holy Grail if it works out. Crossing my fingers.

Hey David, if the new 4.0 version is really as good as whats being said, do we get a discount since we tried the first versions which resulted in poor results? I would really like for this to work so i can do multi color runs easily.....

I am interested in purchasing some of this 4.o paper for sublimation on cotton. Was able to look at the prices for a 25 pack. I am currently selling a Kidney to cover the cost. Anyone interested please let me know. Having tried my hand at sublimation, I realize there is a lot of trial and error in regards to finding the right temp, time and print settings for the paper and ink and then the garment or substrate. At that cost, unless i charge my customers a whole lot more, I would not be able to make a profit in sublimating cotton shirts. I am a small at home business owner that mainly does screen print, some sublimation and embroidery along with vinyl cut press and decals. Again the cost for a 25 pack seems to be quite a bit out of my range. Sad to say!

Conde Reveal S Feed Back

hi folks - was so excited to try this - kinda getting mixed results. Any shared tips would be appreciated - did a test with a few extra seconds on the prepress - same's to make a difference in color depth. I found on 1 test was what seems like a glue at the edge (guessing it's residue from the substrate) Anybody else experience? I did do 2 up and cut - perhaps that the cause - any help would appreciated - thanks

Attachments

Any chance the paper might come out wider than 15"? I do like the fact that it comes on a 50' roll which allows for variable length-- just using the amount you need. I haven't tried the paper myself but will be carefully looking at it at ISS. I think a 24" width on a roll might work well, especially with that new Mutoh printer and the DK32.

Do you think a heated bottom platen might make a difference? There is an article that it does make a difference with Forever Laser paper- there might be a connection with Reveal-S as well. I've never seen this issue addressed in the Conde videos.

https://www.signwarehouse.com/blog/dark-t-shirt-transfers-white-laser-printers/

I don't know what the original artwork looked like in HistoryGear's photos, but the red looked 'washed out' to me-- but that may have the way it was supposed to look.

201 - 220 of 248 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.