T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
I had a chance to see a Reveal pressed at the NBM Dallas show and it was pretty wicked.
I just checked the Conde site and it's not up on there, there's a release delay?
Would love to check it out.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'd would rather wait and get a finished product than rush to shelf with issues. Its not a perfect world. I'll have to make due with the shirt that David pressed for me in Dallas. I hold it softly and pet it ever so slightly... ;)

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
174 Posts
So I have continued to try this paper with less than perfect results. To recap, I had purchased some 100% cotton fabric from Hobby Lobby to test on. The darker colors transferred extremely well. The lighter colors not so much. So I though, there is not enough ink being laid down to activate the emulsion. I did a couple of trials like turning off high speed printing which laid down more ink. Absolutely the same results.

Because I was curious, I took the last half sheet I had available and pressed it onto a Gildan shirt I had lying around. The results were horrible. Now it was a dark shirt so I didn't expect to be able to see the design but I still expected it to transfer under identical parameters but it didn't. This sucks because if I decide to stick with solid darker colors and use this paper, I had hoped that my cheap learning method of using the fabric would prove out the settings so I wouldn't have to waste shirts. Not so much. I get that the plain fabric has a tighter weave but the results shouldn't have been that different in my opinion.

I gave up at that point because I was frustrated. That was last weekend I think and I have not tried since. I have 5 sheets left to do more tests. I am probably going to go down to 1/4 sheet trials so I can get the most out of it before I run out. This is tough at over $2.00 a sheet.

My next trial is going to be with a different image on a regular shirt. I will use a white shirt this time so I can duplicate what I saw them do at ISS Nashville.

Depending on the results of my next test, I think I am going to have to try one of the powder coat options out there. I am curious to see the difference. It is also much cheaper.
I would like to see the results of all your testing. Post some pictures up.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
174 Posts
Looks like a fairly straight forward design to me that meets the criteria that Reveal S requires. If it can't do this simple, straight-forward graphic, sounds like a waste of time and money to me to go with this paper. Looks like you might have to try several different settings, wasting shirts in the process, to get one that is 'sell-able' to a customer. Reveal S might need more time in the development phase. A game-changer if it works 100% of the time though.
Something is happening that prevents the product from functioning properly. I wouldnt jump to conclusions

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.