T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a DTG printer don't know anything about them . All I hear is either bad or great . Trying to make up my mind which direction to move. I have an embroidery machine and a vinyl cutter, heat press and inkjet printer. I like doing t-shirts and am looking for a user friendly and profitable solution to full color t-shirts

· Registered
24 Posts
I spent approx 1 year researching DTG and ended up going with screen printing.

Alot of it depends on your business model , if you do custom tees, low quantity , go dtg and bite the bullet on maintenance and ink costs.

If you are starting a clothing line or medium to large print jobs dtg is going to be a nightmare .

go see one first hand the quality is terrible in my opinion compared to the output of screenprinting.

good luck

· Registered
28 Posts
I also did research for a good year or so in 2009. I ended up getting into screen printing which suited my business model at the time. I am now back in the market for DTG as we are expanding. There is a ton of information on this forum. Do NOT rush your research. Take your time, get samples, wash them, wear them and get to know the manufactures/distributors.

Best of luck in your search.

· Registered
206 Posts
I can absorb a lot. In fact I think the thing that most separates the truly great companies from all others is what happens when there is a problem. Look around find great customer service, and that way you can breathe easily when there is a problem as you know there will be support. I am still looking for that in a DTG printer company. I am excited to purchase a NeoFlex, but I have to absorb and build some funds up from my DTG purchase.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.