T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one able to make a vector'd file of a computer and a 18 wheeler for me? I need them for t shirt for a client, he sent these two pics to me. I have tried and tried to convert them... without them looking very good. I will be heat pressing them with vinyl material onto a tee. One color is fine if anyone can do these :)
Thx in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
869 Posts
Catherine..that 18 wheeler is 1.8" x 1.125". Wayyyy to small and the resolution is 72dpi. I doubt you can get much out of it. I ran it through Corel trace just to see, but it is not very good at all. You might try Vector Magic or some other service, they may be able to help you. It would be a lot of work to try and retrace it by hand too.
I have also heard this service is very good also http://vectordoctor.com/

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought it was just me that could not get vector magic to work its magic on them (now i know the reason, thanks for explaining that to me) ... so my next question is would you have something like those to replace them?

·
Registered
869 Posts
Sometimes the best way to vectorize something is to find the source. BUT... I can tell from the watermark that you already know. It is for sale there for $10. Why not buy it. tracing it from teh bitmap proof is essentially stealing.

http://www.iclipart.com/search.php?keys=177197&id=198
Glenn, I couldn't get that image of the computer to show up big enough to see a watermark. Just for information, how did u do it?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry if you see something i did not... i just added a pic a client sent to me thats all.. sorry i am only human and not as professional as some!! ;(

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
After seeing the watermark on the IC site it was pretty easy to see in the one in the bitmap that the OP posted. I found it just by google-ing "sick computer clipart"

That must be where your customer saw it. haven't seen the truck one yet, but there are lots of truck cliparts.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Ahhhh I see what your talking about now. I can understand though how someone could overlook that, given the size of the one that was sent to her. Anyhow, it provides the source where her CLIENT can get the legal artwork in a proper format.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts