Hello Mike and :welcome:!
You have a wide range of choices for a computer to do what you need. From Windows PCs to Macs, you have a choice to go with either in that regard.
As for heat transfer printer suggestions, this will depend on whether you want to do inkjet or laser printer transfers. Spend some hours in the Heat Press and Heat Transfers
forum to learn about those options.
Here are some things to keep in mind when it comes to buying a computer:
- Return policy if not satisfied within certain time frame
- Original warranty & extended warranty details after purchase
- Ports (USB, Firewire, both for connecting peripherals such as a printer, external HD, digital camera and more)
- Do you need Bluetooth and built-in WIFI capabilities?
- Do you need networking capabilities? (i.e., built-in NIC or slot to install one?)
- Operating system (based on what software you desire to use for graphic tee design, business management, web site creation, etc. Software is available for both Windows and Mac OS X to do all of your desired tasks.)
- How long do you plan to keep it? (If 2 years, you may not spend as much as you would if you wanted 4 years out of a system.)
When it comes to desktop brands, here are my personal recommendations in the order listed:
- HP (Pavilion Elite Series)