T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SORRY TO FLOOD THE FORUM WITH ANOTHER NEWB THREAD BUT I REALLY REALLY NEED HELP.

I AM A NEWBORN TO THIS INDUSTRY AND I HAVE QUESTIONS FOR DAYS SO PLEASE HAVE PATIENCE THANKS.

-I was wondering what program am i suppose to use to create texts, create images(edit images), that i can then put on shirts. And what format am i suppose to save them as and what resolution would be the best quality to print onto a shirt.
-What shirts are the best quality because i do not want cheap quality shirts
-also i was wondering that i am not the greatest desinger in the world i know this but i can get my concepts down and was wondering if there was a place to meet artists who could do it better than me and help me out and things of that nature.
-should i do screen printing heat transfers, whats the pros and cons, are there really huge differences of quality?

thank you for your help there will be plenty more to come, i really appreciate thanks.

·
2,957 Posts
ontheCoMeUP said:
SORRY TO FLOOD THE FORUM WITH ANOTHER NEWB THREAD BUT I REALLY REALLY NEED HELP.

I AM A NEWBORN TO THIS INDUSTRY AND I HAVE QUESTIONS FOR DAYS SO PLEASE HAVE PATIENCE THANKS.
WOW! You really do have some questions!

You would probably get a better response to each of your questions if you broke them down and asked each one in specific parts of the forums, but I will do the best I can:

ontheCoMeUP said:
-I was wondering what program am i suppose to use to create texts, create images(edit images), that i can then put on shirts. And what format am i suppose to save them as and what resolution would be the best quality to print onto a shirt.
There are lots of software programs out there, with lots of different features, and they come in various price ranges.

Some of the more popular are photoshop, illustrator, corel draw, and photoimpact.

Assuming that you are having your shirts screen printed (I know absolutely nothing about heat pressing!) then saving them at 300dpi would be fine. For the file format, check with your screen printer, but usually a psd, eps, tiff, will work. But again, check with your printer to see what they want.

ontheCoMeUP said:
-What shirts are the best quality because i do not want cheap quality shirts
This is a matter of personal choice. You will get lots of opinions about shirt quality, from lots of people. The best thing to do would be to order samples of some of the major brands, compare them, and make a decision yourself.
ontheCoMeUP said:
-also i was wondering that i am not the greatest desinger in the world i know this but i can get my concepts down and was wondering if there was a place to meet artists who could do it better than me and help me out and things of that nature.
Yes there is a place like that!

I have used www.ifreelance.com in the past. Other good sites are www.ifreelance.com, designoutpost.com, elance.com.

You put a request for bids, and designers will bid on your specific job. This is a great way to hire an artist.

ontheCoMeUP said:
-should i do screen printing heat transfers, whats the pros and cons, are there really huge differences of quality?
Generally speaking, the quality of screen printing is better than that of a heat transfer.

I would suggest doing some searches on the forums for the major pros and cons, though.

ontheCoMeUP said:
thank you for your help there will be plenty more to come, i really appreciate thanks.
No problem! Hope I have helped a little bit, at least.;)

I'm sure there will be others that will jump in and be glad to help, also.

Welcome to the forums!:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
well done greg. good on you.
my opinion - been producing sublimation prints for >1 year is the quality is much better, permanent color; vibrant, high resolution 720x 720 dbi, superb on polyesters soft, smooth feel - non tacky, no cracks no peeling - i dont do plastisol transfers - too many in the game. even in china sublimation is new

1 - 3 of 3 Posts