T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, found this "monthly special" on Coastal and wanted to know if this is pretty much the complete business startup kit I need as a nOOb to get going on my t-shirt business, and if it's a good deal.

Here's what it comes with:

-Maxx 16x20 Clamshell Digital Heat Press

-Epson Workforce 1100 Inkjet printer with inkjet cartridge set (the ink in this is Pigment, correct? I should be good to print heat transfers and press to shirts with no issues, right?)

-50 sheets of 8.5x11 JPSS heat transfer paper for light shirts

-50 sheets of 8.5x11 Jet Opaque heat transfer paper for dark shirts

Total for the above, including tax and shipping, is $1,174.20

So, my questions are: Is this all I'll need to get going on my t-shirt biz at least from the start? Am I good to go right out of the box with this stuff for heat transfers, with the ability to do plastisol transfers as well if I choose to order some from a supplier? With this printer I will have the ability to do larger heat transfers too, correct (11x17?), correct?

What does everyone think? I've got designs ready to go and have been doing my own stenciled shirts for some time now, but that's SO labor intensive and time consuming. I'm ready to take the next step and get into heat press printing and plastisol transfers and have been doing TONS of research on here. Just want to be sure this is a good solid set up at a good solid price.

Any feedback you all can give is much appreciated!

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything but the shirts. My purchase was a couple of years ago but I had less than a grand in my heat press and 100 11X17 JPSS. My press isn't digital but it is made in USA. Can't find the place where I bought mine lately.
Cool. So you think it's a good deal then, DTFuqua? I thought so, but what do I know! Yeah... I thought it was everything I needed, except the shirts.

You think the press and the printer is good quality, correct? Should be everything I need to do t-shirts, sweatshirts and such? Just want to be 100% sure I have the right set-up before I order.

Appreciate the feedback.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
although I'm not familiar with the 1100 printer, if its typical Epson quality, it sounds pretty good. One thing I left out earlier. That "less than a grand" didn't include $279 for my printer so yours sounds good.
Sweet. Sounds like the deal I'm looking at is pretty good then!

Do you sell your own printed designs online (eBay/Big Cartel)? That's kind of what I'm looking to get into doing. I have sold shirts previously on eBay that I had hand printed with stencils I cut and got a good response, but just WAY too tedious and time consuming to do it that way. Just curious if that's what you do mostly or if you stick to more of the printing jobs for parties, sports teams, etc. I'm not really looking to go that route and kind of searching for a mentor who can help me get going doing that. Like what do I legally need to do in PA to sell shirts online. Do I need an LLC? Tax ID? Sellers Permit? Again, no brick and morter store at ALL to start. Just want to print from home and sell online and to friends, etc. If you have any knowledge on this and can enlighten me, that'd be great! Thanks again, DTFuqua!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.