T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search and I couldn't find this so I thought I'd start it.

I want to know how much everybody pays per piece (including shirt, screenprint, tags, labels etc.)

I'm trying to start a hip-hop line and a company give me the price of $7.50 (including tags, screenprinting on front & Back) That cost doesn't include hand tags so total will be $8.50/piece

What prices are you guys at??? I'm guessing by looking at others it will move me possibly to get a lower price.

Thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,957 Posts
There are other factors that go into the price.

What's the quantity of shirts?

How many colors in the design?

You might have a hard time getting people to answer this one, though. Probably why you couldn't find it anywhere!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,766 Posts
So your going to start a hip hop line and sell on the web and then your going to buy shirts in advance and have them printed and all this before you make a sale? As comin Outswingin says I also say but why. Are you going to sell to stores then have them printed. So hows many are having done for that price. have you tested the market for your shirts. Have a plan?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27,690 Posts
I agree with Greg there. There are so many factors that go into pricing a screen printing job, it would be hard to compare numbers.

If you really want to compare pricing, then you should take your specific job specs to different screen printers and ask them for an estimate. That way you'll know if you can get a better price for your specific job.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,512 Posts
badalou said:
So your going to start a hip hop line and sell on the web and then your going to buy shirts in advance and have them printed and all this before you make a sale?
You can hardly make a sale if you don't have a product - no need to give the guy the third degree for asking a reasonable question.


I agree with everyone that reasonable or not, it's not that easy to answer. On the face of things that seems like a good price for front and back printing and tagging, but obviously it does depend on number of colours, brand of blanks, etc. etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Solmu said:
You can hardly make a sale if you don't have a product - no need to give the guy the third degree for asking a reasonable question.


I agree with everyone that reasonable or not, it's not that easy to answer. On the face of things that seems like a good price for front and back printing and tagging, but obviously it does depend on number of colours, brand of blanks, etc. etc.
Thanks for the responses. Ordering around 1600 shirts, colors - Red, Blue, Green & White. Sizes Medium to XXXL.

Perhaps this will give people a better idea if I'm paying a good price.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
DriverInc said:
Thanks for the responses. Ordering around 1600 shirts, colors - Red, Blue, Green & White. Sizes Medium to XXXL.

Perhaps this will give people a better idea if I'm paying a good price.

Thanks
I'm not promoting Lawson at all but their FAQ at this link really helped me to figure out about how much things should cost when I had no clue:

http://www.lawsonsp.com/infoideas.php

As others have said though, you really need to shop around your area for the best deal. Break out the phone book and do some research. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27,690 Posts
Thanks for the responses. Ordering around 1600 shirts, colors - Red, Blue, Green & White. Sizes Medium to XXXL.

Perhaps this will give people a better idea if I'm paying a good price.

Thanks
If you want an idea on if you're getting a good price, the best advice is above. Shop your job around to several screen printers to see what different pricing you get.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top