T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So some t shirt company (New Age Screen and Graphics) told me that they would do my shirts if i gave them the prints and the color seperation. So I did. I gave them the print of 12x12 on the front. I gave them the Photoshop picture and the alpha channel pictures and they said it will be sent soon. I also signed a contract saying that I(the client) provided the sizes of the prints. Yes I checked the layers and the alpha channels. THEY ARE THE SAME SIZE! They match up with my pictures in which I remember for the 500th time checking it to see if its the same size. I was so excited when I got the pakage, but to know that the sizes they printed me were 9x10.5. I was very fustrated and ready to just go off at someone. I am a college student who doesnt make much of a living and I wanted to get my shirts CORRECTLY DONE. Ive been talkign to this guy and he says that the sizes were smaller than the regular picture size. Yes I did check my file again and they were the same size as I origianally said it was going to be! This dude just keeps tellign me that I am wrong cause I have never done screen printing before and that they will not refund my shirts even though I PROVIDED them with the CORRECT INFORMATION. What should I do? Please help..:mad:

· Registered
947 Posts
So some t shirt company (New Age Screen and Graphics) told me that they would do my shirts if i gave them the prints and the color seperation. So I did. I gave them the print of 12x12 on the front. I gave them the Photoshop picture and the alpha channel pictures and they said it will be sent soon. I also signed a contract saying that I(the client) provided the sizes of the prints. Yes I checked the layers and the alpha channels. THEY ARE THE SAME SIZE! They match up with my pictures in which I remember for the 500th time checking it to see if its the same size. I was so excited when I got the pakage, but to know that the sizes they printed me were 9x10.5. I was very fustrated and ready to just go off at someone. I am a college student who doesnt make much of a living and I wanted to get my shirts CORRECTLY DONE. Ive been talkign to this guy and he says that the sizes were smaller than the regular picture size. Yes I did check my file again and they were the same size as I origianally said it was going to be! This dude just keeps tellign me that I am wrong cause I have never done screen printing before and that they will not refund my shirts even though I PROVIDED them with the CORRECT INFORMATION. What should I do? Please help..:mad:
Do you have documentation where you told them to print it at 12x12 and them confirming? If so and it was done via email then under federal law it is considered a contract and you can sue them in small claims court. They do not even have to confirm in an email as just a reply back to your email should show that you told them how you wanted it. Even if it was not documented by email but any other way where it was done in writing then you can nail them.

Send the a certified letter detailing you demands and give them a time frame to correct it or refund. Also state that after the deadline (give them 10 days) that you will file suit on them in court.

Depending on where you are it should cost you about $50 to file and get a constable to serve them. Most of the time just the threat of a suit will make them work something out with you because you have the right to sue and even if you were to loose it will cost them a lot to fight it. All you need to do is file and then hand the judge your documents in court. You do not even need a lawyer.

Basically, you first hope to scare them into compliance with your demands. If not and you have documentation the judge will rule in your favor and they will be forced to pay you back plus all court cost.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have documentation where you told them to print it at 12x12 and them confirming? If so and it was done via email then under federal law it is considered a contract and you can sue them in small claims court. They do not even have to confirm in an email as just a reply back to your email should show that you told them how you wanted it. Even if it was not documented by email but any other way where it was done in writing then you can nail them.

Send the a certified letter detailing you demands and give them a time frame to correct it or refund. Also state that after the deadline (give them 10 days) that you will file suit on them in court.

Depending on where you are it should cost you about $50 to file and get a constable to serve them. Most of the time just the threat of a suit will make them work something out with you because you have the right to sue and even if you were to loose it will cost them a lot to fight it. All you need to do is file and then hand the judge your documents in court. You do not even need a lawyer.

Basically, you first hope to scare them into compliance with your demands. If not and you have documentation the judge will rule in your favor and they will be forced to pay you back plus all court cost.
Thanks so much. I do have the proof of how the shirt is supposed to look liek and compare it with the print it is right now. They are both not in the right demsions.

· Registered
906 Posts
Why did you wash shirts you were disputing? , now you have destroyed your evidence.
Sounds like you got taken for a ride all the way around.
Like someone else mentioned, call them and tell them you plan on taking them to court, don't argue or threaten. Give them 7-10 days to refund your money or they will be served papers to appear in court.
I've done this many times on hot checks, they usually show up real fast with cash when court is mentioned

· Registered
1,448 Posts
Hmm..... Washing the shirts leaves you in a weaker position. Of course that could indicate faulty product, which might give you a 2nd avenue to gripe if first avenue garners no relief. Now they can't dispose of them as new in the secondary market. I would not mention this to them, but gather email prroof or online rx of the size issue, and do the certified trick if you are sure of your proofs.
If not, i think you just had a bad experience with the online vendor you may have picked for the wrong reasons.:(
We do both, but it seems people have had so much trouble with this industry, they actually want to touch-see-smell and have a place to go to for gripes. Of course we have had none so far, as we are anal on the sign offs and fixing our own issues before the customer sees it. Never let them see you sweat.

· Registered
736 Posts
Just call your card company and ask them what you need to do to dispute a charge. You do have to put in some effort yourself, making phone calls, maybe even sending a certified letter. But call them first and ask what needs to be done for proof. I hope you have photos of the shirts before you washed them, though the ink coming off after washing may give you an even stronger case if there's still some evidence of it being their shirts. You may not need to make it a court issue if your card company will back you up.

· Banned
2,689 Posts
As mentioned previously if you paid by credit card simply contact your credit card company and dispute the charges. The money will be returned to your account until the dispute is finalized.

If you did not pay by credit card then a lesson is to be learned - always pay for things with a credit card - it is your greatest protection.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The ink did come off, but the print is still visable. I washed only ONE shirt from two designs to see if it was actually cured right. Did you want to see some pictures? I will tell them that they have 7-10 days or ill take them to court for a product that was broken and mismeasured.
I also did pay by credit card. How will i go around this as in getting my money back?
I tried to be nice to the people, but they said they cant refund and i told them that the ink wasnt properly cured and they just said "thats impossible". If anyone can, i might need a step to step how to take someone to court for broken shirts. That would be good to know. Thanks by the way.

· Registered
906 Posts
First thing is to call your credit card company and start a dispute of the charges, most of the time this is all you need to do, they will attempt to contact the seller to get their side of the story.
Make sure you have all your documentation of the deal and it's details ready to send them when they ask for it.
It may take a week or two to get the charges reversed or it may even go to arbitration which will take even longer.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
First thing is to call your credit card company and start a dispute of the charges, most of the time this is all you need to do, they will attempt to contact the seller to get their side of the story.
Make sure you have all your documentation of the deal and it's details ready to send them when they ask for it.
It may take a week or two to get the charges reversed or it may even go to arbitration which will take even longer.
When you say documentation, what do you mean?

· Registered
415 Posts
matt, come on, do your own leg work. these guys have already told you 10 times what you need to do. you say you have emails that have the info you wanted and agreed to right ? that's your documentation. have you called you CC yet ? why not ? they are there 24/7. you can't rely on these guys to make your calls too. if i sound like a prick, i just hate when people don't wanna do any leg work for themselves and want the easy route. take a few min and do it. and i agree, why would you wash even one if you were not intending to keep them ? maybe you wore it ?

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
matt, come on, do your own leg work. these guys have already told you 10 times what you need to do. you say you have emails that have the info you wanted and agreed to right ? that's your documentation. have you called you CC yet ? why not ? they are there 24/7. you can't rely on these guys to make your calls too. if i sound like a prick, i just hate when people don't wanna do any leg work for themselves and want the easy route. take a few min and do it. and i agree, why would you wash even one if you were not intending to keep them ? maybe you wore it ?
Thanks I will, i just have never been in this situation so I dont want to get things mixed up. I decided to keep the shirts with that size so i watched one and it cracked. So obviously they were bad in both ways. Im not sure if its the lack of curing for the shirt or if its just messed up. Thanks for the motivation.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alright. So I called and got a reference number. Sad thing is is that i have a debt card. Not sure what to really do with this whole situation. I accepted the size differences and gave it to a few of my friends. (The reason of doing this shirt thing) My friend washed one and said the ink was peeling off. and with the shirt I had the ink was peeling off. It is considered a defective shirt right?

· Registered
947 Posts
I accepted the size differences and gave it to a few of my friends. (The reason of doing this shirt thing) My friend washed one and said the ink was peeling off. and with the shirt I had the ink was peeling off. It is considered a defective shirt right?
If the ink is peeling off then it is due to not being cured right or over cure of an under base. In other words, yes the product is defective.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
One quick question for you... What was the SMALLEST shirt size you ordered?
Small was the smallest size I ordered. So I called and got a reference number. Sad thing is is that i have a debt card. Not sure what to really do with this whole situation. I accepted the size differences and gave it to a few of my friends. (The reason of doing this shirt thing) My friend washed one and said the ink was peeling off. and with the shirt I had the ink was peeling off. It is considered a defective shirt right?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.