T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have been lurking on here quite a while. I run a fairly successful brand marketed entirely on social media. I had a decent printer that I was using regularly, until he dropped the ball a few times, got careless with his work, and ruined 300+ AA 50/50 shirts. Since I do all other aspects running the brand, design, packaging, shipping, etc. I decided to jump into screen printing. Currently have a Ryonet DIY kit, and just practicing on the boxes and boxes of ruined shirts I have. They turned out well, a little slow due to newbie difficulty of loading shirts onto the platen. Anyways, I am going to do a run on my single press, then jump into something larger. Im thinking the Ryonet 4/4 entrepreneur package. I have been getting some great information from this forum, and hope to learn more..
Steven

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello,
I have been lurking on here quite a while. I run a fairly successful brand marketed entirely on social media. I had a decent printer that I was using regularly, until he dropped the ball a few times, got careless with his work, and ruined 300+ AA 50/50 shirts. Since I do all other aspects running the brand, design, packaging, shipping, etc. I decided to jump into screen printing. Currently have a Ryonet DIY kit, and just practicing on the boxes and boxes of ruined shirts I have. They turned out well, a little slow due to newbie difficulty of loading shirts onto the platen. Anyways, I am going to do a run on my single press, then jump into something larger. Im thinking the Ryonet 4/4 entrepreneur package. I have been getting some great information from this forum, and hope to learn more..
Steven
Hi Steven and welcome!

Here's my 2 cents and worth exactly that....

The knowledge of screen printing yourself is a great asset; it will help you to better understand the print-ability of different garment types, it will help you design better, sell better, communicate with suppliers better and so so much more. So there is not a downside there in learning the craft... however; if you have done a successful job of creating design then I would urge you to not focus your attention on t-shirt production. Despite you bad experience there is loads of competent wholesale/contract screen printers out there.

If you establish a good relationship with the right contract printer you will get better quality, faster turn-around and a lower cost that what you could even achieve doing it all in-house. Focus on designing and selling and you will make MUCH more money doing those things than you ever will printing.

Thank about your business model and what you really want to achieve/be/do and focus your time and attention on that, let others deal with everything else.

All the best Success!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.