Ok, and how do I delete a post?
try the hamburger menu in the upper right of the post you want to delete

nope, i thought i had seen a 'delete' option there

ok here it is, and i don't like it one bit
you have to waste your time messaging a mod,
and then get them to waste their time to delete your post
you are either a baby, or you don't own your thoughts
could be a deal breaker for me:

Only moderators and admins are able to delete a post, as needed, for situations such as duplicate posts. Simply report the post for staff assistance.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
try the hamburger menu in the upper right of the post you want to delete

nope, i thought i had seen a 'delete' option there

and then get them to waste their time to delete your post
you are either a baby, or you don't own your thoughts
could be a deal breaker for me:

Only moderators and admins are able to delete a post, as needed, for situations such as duplicate posts. Simply report the post for staff assistance.
I'll second that! To me, the forum is great and much improved, especially for mobiles, but I'd prefer to delete my own posts, thanks.

·
Administrator
15,746 Posts
This was the case on the old forum too. After a day or two of post creation, or if there were replies after yours, the 'delete your post' option disappeared. This is to insure the continuity of the thread. Nothing worse than replying in depth to a post only to have that post deleted by the poster. Makes you look cray-cray with your reply.

We rarely delete posts, FYI. Mainly for the reason above. But many times just because the original poster's question was answered, they want the thread deleted. We don't do that.

·
Registered
441 Posts
There are many boards that allow you to delete your own post, but ONLY until someone posts under it. Makes a lot of sense, you don't want to disrupt the content that others have based responses on, but you should be able to quickly remove for error or duplicate.

Then again, just editing it to remove all the content presents its own issues.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
There are many boards that allow you to delete your own post, but ONLY until someone posts under it. Makes a lot of sense, you don't want to disrupt the content that others have based responses on, but you should be able to quickly remove for error or duplicate.

Then again, just editing it to remove all the content presents its own issues.
Yes, being able to delete duplicate posts is another reason. We all know how the old forum suffered with duplicates! At least allow us half an hour or so to be able to delete a post unless someone has posted immediately below us.

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
I asked about the delete because of a duplicate post when the screen froze and it posted twice. It was more my ISP latency than anything but it was annoying. That was the big problem with the old site on a mobile, you had no clue your post made it. I could always tell when someone made a post from their phone. They posted 15 times the same thing.

·
Administrator
15,746 Posts
I asked about the delete because of a duplicate post when the screen froze and it posted twice. It was more my ISP latency than anything but it was annoying. That was the big problem with the old site on a mobile, you had no clue your post made it. I could always tell when someone made a post from their phone. They posted 15 times the same thing.
Report your duplicate and it'll be deleted.

·
Administrator
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
How To Delete A Duplicate Post

Special Note: If a thread is deleted, it then deletes all the responses and thus other people’s posts too. Or, when deleting a post, people may respond. Then, if you delete one post, the following posts will not make sense - because one is missing it, it destroys the understanding and flow.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
How To Find Subscribed Threads

Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “following” from the drop-down menu.

This will bring you to a page where you can choose to view followed discussions, forums, your discussions, and participated discussions.

- Cricket

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.