T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

I'm new in T-shirt business.
Appreciate that if you can provide me with some comments and recommendation to my apparel site http://softwareGuy.alotmall.com

My target customer is technical/non-technical software geek/personnel.

Thanks in advance.

Rdgs,
Derick

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
The site has a horizontal scrollbar in 800x600 -- not good. An all-flash site is also bad because search engines will have nothing to pick up on (and for other reason; someone can't bookmark/send a subpage, back buttons won't work for your site, etc.). You should also probably have a top level domain instead of just being a subdomain of another website.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Your site is pretty flashy (no pun intended) for a t-shirt shop. I do like it as far as the design and artistic qualities go but have to agree with Twinge yet again on everything else. Flash is great in moderation, and being that the whole site is done in flash, you may be turning away many potential customers. Even the IT geeks may pass your stunning site for a more low tech solution.

If I were handing out grades for artistic and creative t-shirt sites, you would get an "A". But if it were grades for usability and practicality, I'd have to whip out an "F".

How many sales have you made on this site? Is the flash hindering sales? Have your visitors increased or decreased?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
aerosmack said:
Your site is pretty flashy (no pun intended)
Admit it, the pun WAS intended!

aerosmack said:
I do like it as far as the design and artistic qualities go but have to agree with Twinge yet again on everything else.
Hehe, I feel like I've got a lackey now after reading your string of posts today ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts