T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I attempted to do my first t-shirt tonight. First I try to print the transfer, well no one told me about the turbo-feed on the Epson C-88. First one went flying through - until it jammed in the printer. Pull that one out, trash it. On to #2, feeds ok, prints ok - colors off but I can live with that. Fire up the press, press the shirt, put the transfer on, press for 30 seconds. Applied the transfer perfectly to the press, apparently I printed on the wrong side of the paper. Would it be too much to print a stripe on the non-printing side???? Won't buy that paper again, that's for sure. Can't even do another attempt since I clearly can't see which side to use on the paper, wah. So aside from a little venting here, my question is, what do I use to clean the gunk off of the press? My 2nd question would be, do most transfers have something to let you know which side to use?
Thanks

Di

·
Registered
690 Posts
Mine is by Avery and it has Avery logos on the non-printable side. I'm not sure about others though since i don't use a lot of inkjet transfer.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sorry to here of your mishaps. I hope you have been able to clean your press.
As for your 2nd question: Yes, other paper companies will have a line, grid, or logo printed on the backside of their paper. I use Transjet ll paper and it has a grid printed on the back, very handy.
I would call your paper supplier and ask them how to identify the correct side for printing.
30 seconds seems a long time to press, was this the recommended time? I usually press 12 - 15 secs @ 375 degrees. Maybe just the type of paper you are using.
Best of luck in your next attempt! Let us know how it goes.

Darrell

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. On the paper it said 25-30 seconds so I figured I'd try the full 30 the first time out. I'm going to try some local store stuff (knowing it won't be that great) just to try to get the hang of things today. I'll order the TransJet and give that a shot, thanks again & enjoy the holiday!

Di

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Ok, the paper you used had to be "Iron All" I use it all the time. It is blank on both sides but if you look you will see the deference. One side is glossier than the other, thats the wrong side. Now for the paper your not going to try again. Here is the difference.. the paper your not going to use again actually stretches with the fabric.. none of the others do... When it is on the fabric it can be ironed on and will not burn. When it is on the fabric it has the softest feel of any paper I have ever used. When you pre-heat your garment and press at 400 degrees for 20 seconds the paper comes off like butter. You can wash the shirt with NO special washing instructions. How many of you follow washing instruction for a tee shirt.. I know your customers don't. And the design will not crack.. OK those are the pros. The cons.. Sometimes it gets stuck in epson printer. One of the reason it has a slight curl to it when you get it. Bend it back it should work. Do not bulk load. When I get my paper I put a black dot on the papers on the side I do not want to print. I think they are working on that problem. But you know what because of that paper I was able to sell over 270 shirts in the last month to 2 customers who did not like the feel of the other hot peel transfers including the most used in the industry. No I do not own stock in the company but If my customers like it and buy you can bet I will deal with minor problems.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes that is the paper, and I bought it based on all the pro's you listed in one of your earlier posts. I totally agree the benefits of this paper are great, but I really can't tell which side to use and I find this a problem. I'm sorry if I offended you with my post, but to say the least I was a little frustrated at that point in time. If in the future they make it easy to tell the printing side I would certainly try it again, but as it is now, as a novice to all this, I just don't find it very user friendly.

Di

1 - 6 of 6 Posts