T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
56,238 Posts
I've never heard of them, but it looks a bit like spreadshirt.

I'd be interested in getting a sample of their t-shirt prints on dark shirts. My guess is that they are actually *not* screen printing in the traditional sense. I have a feeling they are using one of the direct to garment printers to print full color images on demand on all different colors of apparel and using the term "screen printing" because it's a term that customers look for.

If they are truly screen printing on demand, I would be pretty impressed.

· Premium Member
56,238 Posts
Hi Vincent, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

We're using a specific sceen printing process to print our t-shirts (more info here http://www.comboutique.com/shop/print_quality.html )
I read that page of your website, but it doesn't really give much details to the process. Is it the standard way of screen printing where you are placing plastisol inks through a screen onto the garment, or are you talking about an inkjet direct to garment printer or some other technology?

· Premium Member
56,238 Posts
The text was not "cut-around" but the whole area had that plastic feel. What I mean by 'whole area' is that the whole chest area was a (literally) reflecting plastic area.
That almost sounds like an opaque transfer (plasticy feeling "between" the lettering), definitely not a screen printed design.

Hopefully Vince will be able to shed some light on this, and maybe update the site to better reflect their printing process so end customers won't be surprised by what they receive. I'm sure a lot of their customers may not mind at all and are happy with the shirts they receive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.