T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

is it possible to print a combined Vector and Raster Design for T-Shirts or has everything to be a Vector?
For example, If I make a Vector-Design in Affinity Designer and then switch to the Pixel-Persona to add some shadows with the brushes and then switch back to the Draw Persona, can this file be printed on POD-Sites?

Thanks, annabe

·
Administrator
15,031 Posts
Hi all,

is it possible to print a combined Vector and Raster Design for T-Shirts or has everything to be a Vector?
For example, If I make a Vector-Design in Affinity Designer and then switch to the Pixel-Persona to add some shadows with the brushes and then switch back to the Draw Persona, can this file be printed on POD-Sites?

Thanks, annabe
You'll need to review the site's art guidelines. If they accept both vector and raster, then yes. If they don't then no. Otherwise you'll need to convert your art to whatever format they require.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Regardless of how you create the art, you will output it to a single format, and thus it will be a raster file you send to the POD. A PNG with the background knocked out to transparent is what most require, and all can accept. A few can also accept vector files, but there is more to go wrong with that as compared to a fixed pixel file and no reason to do it.

What you must avoid is any effect/tool that results in semi-transparent pixels. You can do gradations between colors, but NOT a gradation from a color to transparent. If you want to fade to the shirt color (transparent) you need to do it as a halftone and with fairly large dots.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It depends on the printing process. We've done separations in Photoshop of an image, and imported that into Illustrator to setup the text for decades. That's for screen printing of course. When I order DTF transfers, I lay the gang out in Illustrator, whether vector or not, and send it off to the vendor. I like to use the transparency grid so they can see where the white is.

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts