T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv'e come up with a few simple designs to kick off my Brand, i went to a local shop that prints and sells t shirts, right now i just want to see what one design looks like silkscreen onto a shirt. Simple black lettering on a white Gildan t shirt. The company said i was better off getting it heat pressed on the shirt to save money i know what shirts look like heat pressed and insisted on having my brand silkscreen she said it would be around 100$ for one shirt to set up the screen and such is this accurate?? Sounds a bit expensive

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Re: help

Yeah, it's definitely expensive.

But it's the printer's prerogative to charge what they want to do a one-off screen print sample. Look from their perspective... they have to burn screens, set up the press, print one shirt, then tear it down. All that time spent on your shirt is time taken away from printing bigger orders. There's nothing wrong with wanting a sample, but you are going to have to pay their price (or find a different printer).

To be honest, if it's just one color black lettering on a white Gildan tee, why is a sample so necessary? Would it suffice just to see a printed sample of something the printer has already previously done? I would suggest just seeing their samples and if it meets standards, place the order for a full run.

·
Registered
155 Posts

I think accuracy of pricing depends on the shop, but you are going to find that when dealing with screenprinting; no shop is going to want to print just 1 shirt for you for a cheap price, as it is quite a setup process for such a low count and not worth the time of the printer to yield 1 shirt.... Screen printing is made for larger runs of shirts.

·
Registered
75 Posts

Like Jen said, just go to the printer and take a look at their work. If you like what they have already done just give them your artwork and tell them what size you want it on the shirt. Having one offs made is not very practical in my opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts