T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4,694 Posts
On their site they call it a "hybrid" print, but don't give away what processes they have melded together to achieve this. Given that we don't know how these things are made (for sure), and that I (at least) have not used them, it is likely incumbent on you to wash the thing to the point of failure and report back on how many cycles that takes :)

As to how to get it soft ... some transfers, such as JPSS, start off rather stiff but feel noticeably better after a few washes, though certainly not absent of handfeel. Many other types remain pretty much the same until they fail. Other than using one of those RIPs that fills your art full of unprinted-holes while adjusting the tonal balance for the shirt color that will be showing through those holes, there likely wouldn't be a way to make the print softer.

· Registered
4,694 Posts
Thank You..we did loved it. but the design I need is full color...poster size. like10x14
If your art has substantial open space in it, then the overall feel may be tolerable even if the transfer remains stiff. But at that scale with the entire area filled with ink, you worry that the print might be too heavy, stiff, and sweat inducing. My experience with other products suggests that your worries are justified. If after a couple of washes your samples are still stiff and heavy feeling, then you have your answer.

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If your art has substantial open space in it, then the overall feel may be tolerable even if the transfer remains stiff. But at that scale with the entire area filled with ink, you worry that the print might be too heavy, stiff, and sweat inducing. My experience with other products suggests that your worries are justified. If after a couple of washes your samples are still stiff and heavy feeling, then you have your answer.
THANKS!!!Feels softer to me...so we will see

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.