T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!!! I'm the king of beginner.
I have some vector designs, so made samples at a silkscreen factory. But the samples didn't come out well. And I tried the same designs with "Heat Transfer", I totally satisfy this way. Last night I washed the samples, after that around 20% of colors were gone. I heard it is pretty common(bleaching), when you washed it first time. I used a Canon ip3600(home printer) and Avery paper. I ordered JPSS paper and IF my home printer is not good, I'm thinking to buy EPSON Workforce 1100. Do you think a printer and transfer paper is not good enough?
Thanks for reading my question.

· Registered
11 Posts
Most instructions say, "Turn shirt inside out, wash in cool water (N0 bleach), remove from washer immediately upon finishing, and dry on lo heat. You didn't say if that is what you did. Hope this helps.

I had some of this trouble and traced it to the particular brand of paper. But only on initial washings.

· Registered
116 Posts
The Canon has dye ink (except the PGI black I think), that's probably the problem.
Invest in a PIGMENT printer, I have an Epson R1900, you can also go with the R1400. Not sure if the WF1100 has pigment inks, be sure to check.
And yes, the JPSS papers are much, MUCH better than the "hobby" transfer papers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.