T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to choose what specific areas you want to be colored?

For example. If i wanted to to color each of this guys spikes a diferent color then color him green how do you do it?
I want to do this to my own art work.
Scan in images that are drawn without color then add color to them later in corel.

·
Registered
582 Posts
you can try and clean it up first.
let's assume it is.

1.Select image.
2.Select trace bitmap
3.then set color mode to black/white
4.set sliders as in trace3 (attachment)
click Ok
you now have the original and a vector trace.
selct smart fill
then select color, then select part of vector image to fill in
continue till image is as you want it.

(you can delete the original at any time you are happy with the trace)

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have coreldraw x3 followed your directions but apparently some of the options aare different could anyone help me on how this works in x3? Our local high school students have given me drawings to color and put on tshirts so need to be able to color them as they simply are just drawings right now.
Thank You :)

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Cindi, Corel Draw X3 would work the same way in this capacity. There are different ways of handling each instance. Post one of your drawings so we can have a look.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The problem is there are a few areas I simply cannot get to seperate for color. for example the left ear, the right side of the hat, the spike near it and the slobber dripping off lip...everytime i try to color it either colors te rest of the page or it colors several things. How do I remedy this so i can finish coloring it? Thank you for any help with this ahead of time :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Hi Cindi,

Each fill needs to be entirely enclosed by a closed path that defines the shape of the fill. If the path is open it will either not fill or it will accept the same fill as the path it combines with to create the closure. I made you a little movie to show how I'd deal with this illustration.
[media]http://www.bluesunwater.com/dogfin.wmv[/media]

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thank you very much Neil, I'm used to dealing with clipart images this was new to me. I finally got it and it turned out great!!! Can't wait to put it on a tshirt for the students. I decided to watermark it so no one could use it....Thanks again!!!:D I will post the finished product soon so you can see how it turned out....still trying to fine tune it!

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Glad it's working. Don't forget if you need to do any reshaping of the original to delete the existing fill and create a new one. Let me know if you get stuck and I'll make another movie LOL.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts