T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble seperating select colors when I use the Magic Wand tool in Adobe Photoshop CS3. I have always been able to use it fine in older versions of photoshop using the Tolerance between 40-50 while simply holding the SHIFT key and clicking each similar color I would like to select. Then, go to 'Layer via cut' and there it is in it's own layer. Are there any other methods you can use when seperating certain colors in CS3? This will be a 2 color job with paint splats being the 2nd color on top of the main design. It looks great when I remove the eye from the main design just leaving other layers of ink splats visible. How would I achive this for printing? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I would go to window/show channels then go to Select/Color Range and choose 1 color at a time. Once the first color is selected from your image, go to your channels pallet and choose new spot channel. Make it the color you want it to be and there ya go. That channel will now be available to be printed as a film sep. Obviously you do the same with all the colors in your design. Play around with it a bit. You will get it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts