T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Need to be an index seperation. Many tutorials on youtube, best way is to download atrial version of a sep program. If you want we provide sep services. Let me know.

·
Registered
255 Posts
1 Gold,
2 Green
3 Redish
4 Navy
5 Black

I would separate that in 5 colors if going on white tees using sim process method that would be more controllable than four color process. 6 would make it even better for using a plum color.

Indexing (does not look great) with so little colors and you need a high resolution mesh like a 300 to do a great job. Many use low mesh like 230 or surprisingly even lower. It's common for the ones who say (use index) to be using very low mesh (too low) and to be using a very low resolution file making the squares large and visible.

The fact that the are large and visible takes away from the great quality you can get from a good index. Index is great (when used to it's fullest). If it's not used to it's fullest, it's just a way of getting a job done but no real image quality to it.

I suggest using index on files that have a great deal of color and texture and detail in them like a water color on textured board, textured oil paintings, a minimum of 8 colors or more, wet on wet with a screen mesh of 305 and a resolution of 230-240 (to get great results). You are relying on the viewer to blend the results of this type of printing with the human eye ...and less blending on press. Therefore, the higher the resolution, (the smaller the dots) the better the results.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I see. You are correct. I have to pay attention to the dates. I just see something at the top of the list and if it interest me, I reply. I will try to rember to look at dates. Sometimes tho, it can rejuvenate a good educational post but not something like this.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I see. You are correct. I have to pay attention to the dates. I just see something at the top of the list and if it interest me, I reply. I will try to rember to look at dates. Sometimes tho, it can rejuvenate a good educational post but not something like this.
Sorry, my post came off a little jerkier than I intended! My bad!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Ha! It's in your Co name so I guess you're entitled to an occasional flagrantisim. lol.

Reactions: Flagrant-T

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have this image that I need to separate into a 6 color screen print job. Any advice on how or where I can a tutorial of how to separate the colors.
Gallery 108_Small.jpg
I separated your project to 5 color for a white shirt and 6 color (with white base) for a Colored shirt (black or lighter)
I removed the background white to allow it for printing on any color t-shirt.
Here's the DCS2.0 EPS file for the printing company. You can preview it in Photoshop to see each channel's sport color separation.
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?h2s0b74vbpbdca3

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
fyi, the op posted back in may of 2010 ;]

@konsumer: I have found that the file format DCS 2.0 is excessively heavy for file transferring over the net. What i usually do is when i need to send a DCS to someone is to resave the file as a psd. You won't loose any info but the file will be a fraction of the size. When you want to output the files, and your DCS is linked into a vector file (i output my files through illustrator), simply resave the file as DCS 2.0 prior to opening your vector file.

·
Registered
3 Posts
LMAO! That was a good youtube video :p
@ red514: I was going to 7z or rar it but i was not sure if people would trust such a file here.
Also, it was only 5MB. Some websites nowadays surpass that filesize :p

·
Registered
28 Posts
1 Gold,
2 Green
3 Redish
4 Navy
5 Black

I would separate that in 5 colors if going on white tees using sim process method that would be more controllable than four color process. 6 would make it even better for using a plum color.

Indexing (does not look great) with so little colors and you need a high resolution mesh like a 300 to do a great job. Many use low mesh like 230 or surprisingly even lower. It's common for the ones who say (use index) to be using very low mesh (too low) and to be using a very low resolution file making the squares large and visible.

The fact that the are large and visible takes away from the great quality you can get from a good index. Index is great (when used to it's fullest). If it's not used to it's fullest, it's just a way of getting a job done but no real image quality to it.

I suggest using index on files that have a great deal of color and texture and detail in them like a water color on textured board, textured oil paintings, a minimum of 8 colors or more, wet on wet with a screen mesh of 305 and a resolution of 230-240 (to get great results). You are relying on the viewer to blend the results of this type of printing with the human eye ...and less blending on press. Therefore, the higher the resolution, (the smaller the dots) the better the results.
how to use the printer for separation settings?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts