T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tom, I understand that you may be partial to Simple Seps. I’m sure that Steve would like to chime in on this because he is partial to another program or two. While I have followed several previous posts on the topic and don’t want to open up the entire diolouge once again. Would you like to share your opinion on the differences between the two? My use is simple, user friendly 4 color separations for AccuRip film positives.
Thanks Tom.

· Registered
1,821 Posts
Tom, I understand that you may be partial to Simple Seps. I’m sure that Steve would like to chime in on this because he is partial to another program or two. While I have followed several previous posts on the topic and don’t want to open up the entire diolouge once again. Would you like to share your opinion on the differences between the two? My use is simple, user friendly 4 color separations for AccuRip film positives.
Thanks Tom.
Actually my post had nothing to do with sep apps it was the Illusrator PhotShop rules the world that I chimed in on. Search SimpleSeps in these forums I do not need to defend my apps.. They speak for themselves thru many users in these very forums.

· Registered
3,230 Posts
ProSeparatorNJ;1081604[SIZE=3 said:
]...and you have your products to sell[/SIZE]...
And an impressive expertise and GREAT products based on the better or the two foundations.

Haa-haaaa!! Wars have been started over less trivial.

Just a note...Bruce Lee (if he were alive) would kick the snot out of Chuck Norris.

· Registered
1,821 Posts
Simple Seps is a spot color management, color separation and simple halftones conversion plugin for DRAW...

For me its color swapping and white basing are the most valuable tools in the plugin. If you have a vector graphic with 500 object and 67 colors Simple Seps will convert that 1, 2. 3 or how ever many colors you want. The key here is conversion based on tints or densities of color. Lets say you graphic has dark red and pink.. Simple Seps will take the dark red and replace with the red and then take the pink and replace that with a 20% of the red to create the look of pink. These color replacements come from Simple Seps tinted palettes.

There is also functionality to replace and select colors thru the Simple Seps palette.

Simple Seps can then auto separate and auto base with choke your art along with gray-scale and halftone conversions. Gray-scale conversions are useful for number of things such sending your file out in PDF if you are having someone else print for you. Halftone conversions are useful it you do not have a RIP.

All of this together has a few benefits..

Save time
Eliminate errors in color separations and white bases
Get a full preview of your separations and base in DRAW before you print them on expensive film
Swap out colors and create multi-color design options quickly,

This is just brief overview but in short 95% of what most small shops do is spot color and Simple Seps is for spot color.

If you are looking to separate photos and images Simple Seps will not do that..

Simple Seps separates.. vector, monochrome and duo tone objects in CorelDRAW.

We have an update for X6 coming out in a few days.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Tom,
"Other" really wasn't an option for me due to having most all my files created in Raster (.VE), Bitmap and .CDR formats. But I felt "Other" should be put in just to be fair.
My files were created for Plotting and Sublimation. The Mask Tool in Paint works for me and most of the people I have networked with.
Everyone has their opinions based on their needs. Mine was clear. No need to start over?
Without starting the debate over, What is the best way to save or import Vinyl Express (.VE) files into Corel? The most common are .JPG, .EPS, .TIF or .GIF. But what are the differences? And don’t say .AI
I'm sure this will not be the last debate on the topic.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.