T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having issues printing on color t-shirts. I have followed the step in the printer option area. Once I send the print job over to the DTG RIP Pro v4, in the status area it shows that it is printing on a white cotton shirt. Do I need to make a change in my DTG Rip pro software?

Thanks,
Timothy

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Timothy,

I think I misread your first post. Are you saying that you followed the instructions for printing a white underbase layer on a colored garment and it only looks like it is applying the CMYK layer? Or are you talking about getting the wrong colors to come out of the printer? These are two separate issues and will lead to different answers. Let us know and we can point you into the right direction.

Mark

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will go thru what I have done and see if it will help you...

When I create an image in Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop I go to File, Print, Setup, Preferences, Advance and make changes on printing on Dark Color shirts. Once selected I hit Ok, Ok, Print, Print. Now when it goes to the DTG Rip Pro. On the the bar when it gets the incoming job it shows that it is being printed on a White. Why is my Rip Program doing this?

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Which printer did you select in the drop-down box before you click on the Preference button? Not sure why you are click on the Setup button.

What layer did you select in the Advanced window? If you selected Color Layer, then it will only print that layer. It sounds to me that you might be missing a setting. Here is a link to a video that shows the same process in another private label RIP that uses the same software code. This video shows how to use the Color Layer Auto Mask setting.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVFw74nGI3c[/media]

Here are links to the playlists for both the Print To (printing straight from Corel, Photoshop,...) and Print From (stand alone software) applications.
- Print To Playlist - YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
- Print From Playlist - YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Hope this resolves the problem for you. If not, you might want to uninstall the software and reinstall it. If that fails, I would call the DTG Digital distributor that you purchased it from and see if they can help. Good luck.

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts